You can support California Hands & Voices by becoming a member, renewing your membership annually, and by volunteering.
Join or Renew your Membership
As a member, you make everything we do possible! As a non-profit organization we are dependent upon annual subscriptions to our newsletter, registration fees at our sponsored events, grants and other donations in order to function. Our members are wonderfully diverse and include parents ($25), DHH adults ($25), professionals ($40) and other organizations ($50). California Hands & Voices is a nonprofit, all volunteer, 100% giving organization. Your membership dues support our mission to bring educational programs, family gatherings and to further grow the network of empowered parents throughout the state. Our outreach activities, parent / professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on empowering parents so that their Deaf and Hard of Hearing children can reach their highest potential.
The Tax ID Number is EIN# 27-2152925 and all donations are tax deductible and deeply appreciated no matter the amount.
Please submit your membership by mail or email today! (English | Spanish) Submitting the membership form ensures you will receive The Communicator newspaper 4x a year, statewide and regional E-blast messages, and it also allows us to better serve California families in each region throughout the state.
c/o Rowell Family Empowerment
2701 Old Eureka Way, Suite 2 i
Redding, CA. 96001, USA
Thank you for your interest in supporting California families with Deaf and Hard of Hearing children! Your active participation is very important to the success of this chapter. California Hands & Voices has a dedicated group of parents, DHH adults and professionals; however, we want to expand our board, programs and support of families in all corners of California. We are in need of many more volunteers, who support our mission, to make this a reality.
When emailing, please include the following information:
- Your name, email address, and phone voice/video phone.
- Are you a parent, DHH adult, professional, or other community member?
- Are you a student looking for a DHH internship?
- In which county do you reside in California?
- What languages do you know?
- Approximately how much time are you available to volunteer?
- If applicable, please list your previous experience supporting families with DHH children.
- List the specific area(s) you desire to volunteer in (experience or desire to learn):
- Advocacy in issues related to our families
- Communication, public and media relations, writing, journalism, marketing
- Fundraising (Small or large scale), grant writing
- Program planning, special events (planning and/or implementing)
- Public speaking (workshops, panels etc.)
- Managing volunteers (recruiting, retaining, evaluating needs)